On Sat, 21 Mar 2009 12:29:52 +1030
Darrin Smith <bel...@beldin.org> wrote:

> On Sat, 21 Mar 2009 11:46:44 +1100
> Franc Carter <franc.car...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Hi all,
> >
> > The upload has completed (much faster running from dev).
> >
> > There were a couple of problems:-]
> >
> >      * Gruyere and 'Wandin North - Bar' in Victoria, which I
> > *believe* I have fixed
> >      * Beatrice and Ellinjaa in Queensland which are too complex for
> > me to fix
> >        as I don't have local knowledge
> >
> > cheers
> >

> That made a serious difference the the speed of things, wow.
>
> Now to resolve the differences between my own boundary work and the
> ABS stuff in northern adelaide, and at a first glance I must say I'm
> glad I told you to upload the data anyway, because there's a couple
> of places where I think the ABS is more correct than my results (and
> a few the other way also of course ;) Going to be fun correlating the
> two. :)

Futher poking around I've found the 'Unclassified SA' 'suburb',
containing over 100 segments scattered all over the state, I assume
most other states will have a similar object, what's the thoughts of
everyone on this case? Is it really needed? (I assume it's just a
category in the ABS data that's come across wholesale). Seems to me
anything not in side a suburb boundary would be considered unclassified
anyway?

--

=b