On Sat, 30 May 2009, Delta Foxtrot wrote:
> It's fairly blank at present in most rural areas I've seen, there is the
> odd town mapped out and I've been helping where I can, but in my opinion
> it's much more important getting the street/road data before anything else
> will really matter.
We started with a completely blank piece of map at our location
http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=-34.27&lon=146.06&zoom=12&layers=B000FTF
and have toured lots of places now looking for roads, naming them, tracing the
side roads off landsat, any information is better than none at all.
I've no intention of collecting "smoothness" data, there are far more
interesting things to do than that.

(Still plenty to do near home)