On Wednesday, 29 July, 2009, at 11:47AM, "John Smith" <delta_foxt...@yahoo.com>
wrote:
> Not entirely your fault and it's been an ongoing argument of maillists in
> general for a decade or more.
>
> Just hit reply to all.

Reply to list?  Unfortunately most non-Unixy/open-source mail clients don't
support that, and some of the open-source ones don't as well (e.g.
Thunderbird). It doesn't work properly when something is cross-posted to
multiple mailing lists, but I'm yet to see something which does apart from
reply-to-all which means people end up with several copies.

I think that argument has been going on ever since mailing lists were invented,
and closely follows the top/bottom posting argument.