On Thu, Aug 13, 2009 at 7:08 PM, James Livingston <doc...@mac.com> wrote:
> Yesterday I was thinking about somewhere we could potentially get some
> data from, and I thought I'd have a look around to see if anyone had
> contacted them before. As far as I know there doesn't seem to be a
> single place listing those we've contacted, only those that have been
> imported[0].

If anybody knows any federal government datasources that would be
useful, the Government 2.0 taskforce is looking for data sources that
the community would find useful but currently aren't available for
technical reasons [1]. This will form part of a series of contests to
encourage innovation. I already suggested the Postcode boundaries
being released with a more open licence, although it's hard to tell if
that's due to technical reasons or a risk adverse culture.

[1]
http://gov2.net.au/blog/2009/08/13/hack-mash-and-innovate-contests-coming-soon/