2009/11/25 David Groom <revi...@pacific-rim.net>:
> I've just been looking at the nearmap imagery, and getting very jealous we
> don't have anything approaching this in the UK.
>
> Anyway, whets the preferred approach when I see road layout in OSM which is
> very different to the nearmap imagery.
>
> 1) edit OSM to make it like neamap
> 2) simply file a note on OpenStreetBug, but leave OSM data unchanged
> 3) ignore it and let you Aussies sort it out yourselves?

If you feel comfortable that you can edit similar to how everyone else
is mapping in Australia there is no reason you shouldn't fix issues
you find. There is a wiki page specificly written to help guide people
when mapping in Australia:

http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Australian_Tagging_Guidelines

The NearMap imagery is as good or better than most GPS traces in terms
of accuracy, it has the added advantage of infinite points in curves
etc.