2009/12/7 Liz <ed...@billiau.net>:
> and we are not in a position to agree to a change without am opinion by a
> lawyer on our lawyer, not a licence working group member's opinion on our law.

I agree, but I don't have any legal resources at my disposal, although
the OSGeo guys might.

> James has been pointing out that the Feds, who can afford good lawyers, find
> CC-by-Sa and CC-by as quite satisfactory in Australia.

As far as I can gather CC-BY-SA most likely won't work in the US, so I
can only guess that this whole issue is to fix the US problem and a
potential issue with streaming data that has only been shown in theory
and not in any court.