I think the easiest way to do this would be to upload all points once
tags are sorted, and then fix them, I've reviewed quite a few now and
the location data is out on all of them, usually it points to the
middle of streets or roundabouts etc.

To make finding/fixing these points easier I added the following tag:

<tag k='fixme' v='not_reviewed' />

Although once imported I can stick up a webpage which will open the
points directly in JOSM/potlatch so they can be fixed up, and the page
will only show points that aren't reviewed.

I also added a source tag:

<tag k='source' v='bp.com' />

just having bp seems a little bit ambiguous, not sure...

Any other comments/suggestions on the tag combinations I've used?

Latest copy of the file can be found at the following address:

http://map-data.bigtincan.com/data/BPtest.osm.bz2