Ross Scanlon wrote:

> fuel:e10 = yes
>
> Replaces 91 octane at lots of BP servos.
>
> At least they have 95, 98 and lpg which suits me as the truck really does not
> like e10.

Interesting.  Personally, I use e10 in my '97 Pulsar almost always, even
though Nissan say not to.  I've never had a problem with drivability or
with the fuel or intake system.

On the contrary, e10 is actually about 93 or 94 octane, as the ethanol
raises the octane number of the 91 base fuel.  Occasionally I'll use
ordinary ordinary ULP where e10 isn't available, and then I'll hear the
occasional pinking from the engine momentarily until the knock sensor
retards the spark.  Running with more spark advance on e10 makes up for
its marginally lower energy content.

Just my 2ยข worth in an emotional and off-topic debate.

John