2010/1/10 John Henderson <snow...@gmx.com>:
> test1.gpx was created using the Garmin MapSource program, and test2.gpx was
> created using QLandkarteGT.

test1 uses route points and way points, test 2 only has way points,
which I don't think is quite the same thing that you were after,
though I don't have anything to test on.

as for test1, I've made something similar, not sure if it will work or not.

The main problem might be because most gpx files will be written from
JOSM etc as track points, not route points...

This link will spit out route points + some gpx lines from the first
gpx file you attached.

http://map-data.bigtincan.com/route2gpx/index.php?routeid=124080&route=1

This will spit out track points...

http://map-data.bigtincan.com/route2gpx/index.php?routeid=124080