On 03/06/10 19:53, Liz wrote:

> I've got an inverter - use it to charge the battery rather than constant use
> on the inverter

I used my EeePC 1000H a lot, and had to replace the battery after about
12 months.  It was expensive.

So now I usually run it with the battery removed, especially if mains is
available.  I have my car's cigarette lighter socket wired to be
permanently on, although some inverters might drop out when the car's
started motor is engaged.

I agree with Ross about it being better not to have mains voltages
operating in the passenger compartment.  I also note that the seller of
his eBay-referenced car adaptor has a 12v output version available for
the 1000H.  I'll be getting one to try.

John H