On 5 November 2010 10:54, Andrew Harvey <andrew.harv...@gmail.com> wrote:
> The two parking areas issue is the same issue as needing to split a highway in
> order to tag different segments with different maxspeeds. For example if we
> have
> (best read with a monospaced font),

Most either can't do anything about it, or don't care about doing
anything about it as the current "solution" is good enough.

It'd also be nice to be able to tag individual lanes, but again anyone
that could do something about it doesn't seem motivated or interested
enough to do something about it.

At this stage the best solution I know of for joining the same
sections of road together is to use a route relation, this is useful
for when the road number and road name split, eg Bruce Highway is M1
and then it becomes the A1, but the M1 is also the Gateway Motorway
and the Pacific Highway etc etc etc...