On 3 February 2011 08:38, Stephen Hope <slh...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 3 February 2011 09:28, David Murn <da...@incanberra.com.au> wrote:
> > I also wonder how this works, using your example, if the user had
> > entered street names and then another user came along and fixed a
> > spelling mistake in one which they had surveyed themselves.  When the
> > changeset is relicenced, you have v1 of an object under a non-compatible
> > licence, and v2 is compatible, so what happens to the object?
>
> It goes away.  All objects get rolled back to the last valid state
> that have no unlicensed edits before them.  So any object where v1 is
> unlicensed is gone, no matter how many changes have been done to it
> since.

Surely that can't be correct? For example, I've surveyed an awful lot of the
Perth northern suburbs, but I started off by tracing Nearmap imagery. My
understanding is that Nearmap haven't agreed to the new licensing but
nevertheless I've since personally surveyed the streets, corrected
alignments, added names and changed "source=nearmap" to "source=survey".

I would understand if data and records of the original "source=nearmap"
disappeared with the license change, but the subsequent "source=survey"
edits would be able to be kept? Dropping data simply because at one time it
was in an incompatible-license state but is now no longer sounds incredibly
destructive to me.

Is what's going to happen documented anywhere? I've had a poke around the
wiki, but can't see anything relevant to how the data is being handled.

--
Andrew