On Sat, 5 Feb 2011 13:30:47 +0800
Andrew Gregory <andrew.greg...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 3 February 2011 08:38, Stephen Hope <slh...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > On 3 February 2011 09:28, David Murn <da...@incanberra.com.au>
> > wrote:
> > > I also wonder how this works, using your example, if the user had
> > > entered street names and then another user came along and fixed a
> > > spelling mistake in one which they had surveyed themselves.  When
> > > the changeset is relicenced, you have v1 of an object under a
> > > non-compatible licence, and v2 is compatible, so what happens to
> > > the object?
> >
> > It goes away.  All objects get rolled back to the last valid state
> > that have no unlicensed edits before them.  So any object where v1
> > is unlicensed is gone, no matter how many changes have been done to
> > it since.
> >

> Surely that can't be correct? For example, I've surveyed an awful lot
> of the Perth northern suburbs, but I started off by tracing Nearmap
> imagery. My understanding is that Nearmap haven't agreed to the new
> licensing but nevertheless I've since personally surveyed the
> streets, corrected alignments, added names and changed
> "source=nearmap" to "source=survey".
>
> I would understand if data and records of the original
> "source=nearmap" disappeared with the license change, but the
> subsequent "source=survey" edits would be able to be kept? Dropping
> data simply because at one time it was in an incompatible-license
> state but is now no longer sounds incredibly destructive to me.
>
> Is what's going to happen documented anywhere? I've had a poke around
> the wiki, but can't see anything relevant to how the data is being
> handled.

There is no easy answer for this. How does one sort out exactly what
has been surveyed and what is traced?
Then we still aren't sure if you can agree to the contributor terms
yet, having used NearMap at all - the CTs are still being revised, and
until there is some 'final' version, again there is no answer.