On 8 April 2011 12:27, Elizabeth Dodd <ed...@billiau.net> wrote:

> The Court system has affirmed the original decision.
> Copyright (Au) depends on thinking about the input, and cannot be
> derived from machine generated data.

The priority is to keep OSM unencumbered, and accordingly in all cases
I'm aware of we have sought permission from the data owner or a
compatible licence rather than rely on a legal technicality to use the
data against the data owner's wishes.

With respect, if we are going to do down the path of using data
against the owner's wishes using the law as a shield, I'd want to see
a pretty solid legal opinion covering all aspects of the data use, not
just copyright, as each case will depend on its own facts.

Ian.