The historical map I'm getting the information from calls them "...
Reach". According to
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reach_%28geography%29 "Most generally, a
reach is any length of a stream between any two points."

I can't think of a better term myself, so unless there are any other
suggestions I'll use reach for the time being.