On 10/06/11 20:50, Franc Carter wrote:
> Hi - one for amusements sake
>
> One of my pet peeves is the way that some streets have (over time I
> hope), been chopped up in to separate segments in a way that finding a
> house number without a gps is maddening.
>
> I'm curious - what's the worst case of Dissected Street Syndrome(tm)
> that people have come across ?

For my money, Parramatta Road in Sydney would have to rank pretty highly
in terms of numbering systems restarting every time a suburb boundary is
crossed (and sometimes even reversing order and counting down again - I
recall there being two properties side-by-side with identical street
numbers [somewhere near Stanmore?])

Mind you, for sheer municipal perversity, there is a section of Ballina
Road in Lismore that has had at least three numbering schemes applied to
the same houses. This is probably in a different category to what you
intended?

        Cheers,
                Tim.