On Mon, 13 Jun 2011 23:44:12 +1000 (EST)
"John Berkers" <be...@ozemail.com.au> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> We've got a few roads around here (Narre Warren South/Lynbrook) that
> are split and not yet joined.  One such road is Glasscocks Road,
> which runs from Dandenong Frankston Road, through through Lynbrook
> and Narre Warren South to Clyde Road in Berwick.  It is currently in
> three parts, and you can visualise where it is planned to go in
> future.
>
> http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=-38.0687&lon=145.2707&zoom=14&layers=M
>
> It looks like there are a few hold-out land owners that have not yet
> sold their properties for redevelopment, but as soon as they do, the
> road will get filled in.
>
> I'm not sure about property numbering at this point.  There are
> portions of Glasscocks Road with houses on, some portions without.
>
> Regards,

when the Northern Distributor was built in Wollongong, it carved
through a number of streets.
I think Cross Street Corrimal has a number of pieces now unconnected.

For numbering absurdity - the Sturt Highway wins.
Numbers out of Adelaide increase to about 231000 after Paringa. We took
photos at about 217000.
In Vic I didn't note a house number from the driver's seat.
At Gol Gol the numbers are about 8000 and decrease until Euston, except
in each town they start again at 1 and 2 for each side of the road.
No numbers Euston to Balranald, Hay and Darlington Point.
Houses in Balranald and Hay are numbered