Good to see you reverted your changeset.

You should really have posted to this list before making the change (I
can't tell you off though, I did the same thing when I was very new).

As you can see by this object
http://www.openstreetmap.org/browse/way/43991723/history your
changeset destroyed perfectly good information. Notably the
maxspeed=40 that Thorsten Engler added.