Well, there's a couple of reasons why you might want to save it anyway with
roads close together but not joining, so JOSM can't force you not to save
it.  They might not actually join.  There's a couple of examples near me
where roads end less than a meter away from another road, but don't join
up.  Service roads, minor suburban streets and main streets where they used
to join, but the main road has so much traffic now they've cut the
connection, and a case where two new subdivisions had a road that was
supposed to join, but the first guy stopped about a half meter short of the
line, and the second one wouldn't pay the extra, so there's a tiny gap
between the roads, and a curb.

Also, you might have been working on some other portion of the road, and
not near where the error is. Just last week I fixed some stuff at one end
of a road, and when I went to save it, it warned of errors at the other
end, but I can't do anything about them until I go down there and see what
the problem is.  I still want to save the work I've done so far, though.

Stephen