On 6/12/2015 11:32 AM, cam_...@fastmail.fm wrote:
Wow, this is like an early xmas present :-D
- I'm super-happy to get access to missing street names around Sydney
for OSM.

QUESTION
How do I get this imagery into JOSM?! They have one access in javaGIS ... A
simple explanation ?
In JOSM, go to: Edit --> Preferences, WMS TMS tab, in the bottom right
click on "+ TMS" icon.
maximum zoom: 19
The generated TMS URL should look like:
tms[19]:http://maps.six.nsw.gov.au/arcgis/rest/services/public/NSW_Base_Map/MapServer/tile/{zoom}/{y}/{x}.png
Layer name: NSW LPI

Then you're done :-)

Cam.

:-D Happy Happy!!

Thank you and well done cleary and Cam.

-----------------------------
Think more on the LPI request for acknowledgement.. how about putting it on the source tag?
For example ...
source=Land and Property Information NSW Australia, December 2015 by Warin61

It includes the name for the source, the date of entry and by who. Bit long! Could Land and Property Information NSW Australia be abbreviated to LPI NSW Australia? It is their web URL, google finds it nicely.

Why?
the name gives you where it came from
the date gives you when
the author gives you who

Some may say;
a) the date should be the date of the data ... the 'common' mapper may not know that .. may get it wrong. So use what they will know and get right. b) you can get this from the history ... yes and no. Yes from the original entry, No if someone changes it from the original and uses the same data source name but with updated data .. what changes in the source tag? Nothing?

I might put this on the OSM Golgafrincham B arc list otherwise called the OSM tagging list../.

Have a good (mapping) Xmass all. /