I am far from an expert and, like many others, I struggle to understand
all the nuances.  However, as I understand it, CC-BY-4.0 data can be
used only if we are given explicit permission to use it. We asked for
explicit permission and the request was declined.

We had previously been given explicit permission for CC-BY-2.5 and
CC-CY-3.0.

Thus it is my understanding that we can retain or add any old data that
was published under old licences and in accord with the permission
previously granted, but we cannot update with recent data as that comes
with a CC-BY-4.0 licence.