On 18/07/18 16:40, Andrew Davidson wrote:
On 18/07/18 16:12, Andrew Harvey wrote:

Okay so I guess we still need to use some local judgement?

I thought we were discussing shared zones here? They are clearly sign posted so I wouldn't have thought that there would be a problem identifying them.

I'm happy to have them tagged as living_street(s) as they do have most of the characteristics of European types.

The problem is that the mapper sees 'shared street' and does not know how to map that in OSM speak .. that is where the Australian guide lines help
to translate OZie into OSM ...
or to give hints for international phone numbers to use in OSM .. we don't get much practice at that unlike the Europeans.

For detailing what a 'shared street' is for OSM then the living street page has a table where the Australian peculiarities can be stated.
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:highway%3Dliving_street#National_specialities