On Thu, 23 Aug 2018 at 20:38, Ewen Hill <ewen.h...@gmail.com> wrote:

> It's an interesting conundrum that perhaps going forward we need to flag
> how
> we deal with sacred areas and knowledge that should be respected by not
> being mapped.

But the Trail itself is open for anybody to walk along, isn't it?

So there's nothing stopping an enthusiastic OSM'er from walking it with
their GPS, then innocently mapping it, without knowing that that is against
the wishes of the local community.

Maybe we need some sort of "Do not map" protection for sensitive areas so
we can draw a box over the length of the Trail & "10" (?) km either side,
so that nothing can be inserted in there? Could be set-up either as a
visible greyed out area on the map, or as an area that you just can't edit
- feasible?

Thanks

Graeme