On Sun, 7 Oct 2018 at 17:48, Graeme Fitzpatrick <graemefi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, 7 Oct 2018 at 16:19, Riley Baird <ri...@mailo.com> wrote:
>> At present, the data is released under CC BY 4.0 international, so it
>> appears that I would have to send a message requesting permission to
>> use it in a way compatible with the OSM licence.
> Have a look at https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Australian_Data_Catalogue
> - we've already been given permission to use that info, together with a heap
> more ACT data.

^ this, we already have the waiver completed for ACTMapi data which
includes the BBQ dataset.

On Mon, 8 Oct 2018 at 00:27, Mateusz Konieczny <matkoni...@tutanota.com> wrote:
> What was your way of checking quality of this data? I had experience with some
> official data that was good enough to help with mapping (detection of places
> where features
> were not mapped) but was full of mistakes including poor locations and
> nonexisting objects.

I agree with this, I've seen both good and poor data, so it's a good
idea to do some basic checking of the data quality before bringing it
in.

> As a start, I was considering importing their "Public Barbeques in the
> ACT" dataset, which does not appear to currently be included in the map.

Do you have a plan in place of how you'd do the import? Ensuring
correct tags are used and data is conflated with whats in OSM already?