On 24/06/19 05:49, Mateusz Konieczny wrote:
How weight limit signs in Australia looks like? Especially on bridges?

I found https://www.qld.gov.au/transport/safety/signs/regulatory
with "Bridge load limit signs" that have two examples:
https://www.qld.gov.au/__data/assets/image/0020/42824/r6-3.png
https://www.qld.gov.au/__data/assets/image/0013/42700/r6-17.png

is the same set of signs used in 5 other states?
Similar
https://nt.gov.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0005/378221/hvdh-section5.pdf
is "per axle group" commonly used or is it an extremely rare curiosity?
Most don't drive trucks so they pay no attention to them.

There are maximum weights and dimensions that vehicle have to comply with. Major roads have bridges that withstand those maximums so they have no signs for that. It is only on lesser roads where a bridge cannot carry that maximum load that you should find these signs. I would think short bridges may well carry axle limits.

is this sign using short ton or long ton or normal tonnes (=1000 kg) as an unit?

We are a metric country now. So 1tonne = 1000kg.
-----

According to sources that I also encountered design like US signs, like
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:MUTCD_R12-1.svg
is at least sometimes used in Australia.

Is it correct? (my sources were quite dubious so...)

Unfortunately the road signs are under Australian Standard, AS 1743:2018. Australian Standards are copyright ... most will say that is ridiculous! But there we are. So finding examples of signs can be difficult. I can go and look at the AS, but I cannot copy it (I did have the capability at work, but had to declare it - special licence) ... I can photo signs beside the road ... There are some examples in learn to drive booklets, but I have not found any with the truck weight limits as yet.

Some older signs may still be found but they will be replace with AS 1743:2018 signs. See https://www.mainroads.wa.gov.au/BuildingRoads/StandardsTechnical/RoadandTrafficEngineering/TrafficManagement/AustralianStandardSigns/Pages/home.aspx for some old examples.