Hello,
I think it is important to be precise in the language we use. Therefore I'd
like to point out that this is a mailing list and not a forum.

If you find the UI poor then this likely due to the way you use the mailing
list.

Browsing the archives on the list website is not how I participate on current
topics.

I use mostly my phone's email client. My email client does thread topics
together which allows to follow or skip certain topics.

Just thought I throw this in because when people speak of a forum I don't think
of this mailing list and forum UI has in my view no relevance to mailing list
UI.

Cheers, Seb