On 12/1/20 12:37 pm, Sebastian S. wrote:
When using OSMAnd for routing I came across the following note: "way has been simplified using a error criteria of 3m" it is usually in green text. Does anyone know what this means, why do we need the note? What purpose does it serve?

This is usually from an import of data. The data may have many points (nodes in OSM) that lead to data bloat.

JOSM has a tool that reduces the number of nodes such that any error will be less than 3 meters from the original information, 'simplify way'.

It may be better to have these as 'comment=*' rather than 'note=*'? They should only be for other mappers to see if they have some concern with the data.