On Sat, 25 Apr 2020 at 10:31, Warin <61sundow...@gmail.com> wrote:

> My opinion.
>
> Routes go from A to B. They are not simple road segments.
>
> An example?
>
> Relation: Northbridge-Castle Cove (6282327)
>    Tags:
>      "name"="Northbridge-Castle Cove"
>      "ref"="NCC"
>      "route"="bicycle"
>      "type"="route"
>      "lcn"="yes"
>      "network"="Willoughby"
>
> The above is correct.
>
> It contains numerous road segments (ways). Some of these are tagged
> lcn=yes. This is wrong.

Agreed, the lcn=yes should go on the way segment (but is redundant if a
relation exists) and not on the relation.

> Example?
>
> Way: Baringa Road (794266238)
>    Tags:
>      "source:name"="historical"
>      "surface"="paved"
>      "maxspeed"="50"
>      "name"="Baringa Road"
>      "source"="yahoo_imagery"
>      "highway"="residential"
>      "cycleway"="shared_lane"
>      "network"="lcn"
>
> There should be no   "network"="lcn" on the as it does not, by itself,
> form a route.

Agreed, the network tag should go on the relation not the way, the way
itself could have lcn=yes if you know it's part of a route but it hasn't
been mapped out as a relation yet.

> Similarly I would remove the tag "lcn=yes" on any simple way.

Only if it's part of a network=lcn relation already, if not it's still
useful to say there is a route here, but the route hasn't yet been mapped
out as a relation.

> (I would also remove the source tag - I would assume that the state
> source is old and there would have been a few edits of this from other
> sources in the mean time.)

I only do that if I've changed the source, so if it's refering to geometry
and I've updated the geometry I'll update it, but if you've made
significant changes then I also think it's fair to remove since it's still
present in the history.