Hi,
Bicycle Network Tasmania are trying to improve the quality of cycling
infrastructure information in OSM.
Much has been done by volunteers in various jurisdictions, and we have done
lots locally, but the tagging is quite complex for cycle paths and not
always correct.
Local councils are responsible for much of the infrastructure, but they
usually have little interaction with OSM.
It would be most efficient if the councils GIS data worked in tandem with
OSM data so that they kept each other up to date, each storing the info
that is most useful for them. For instance, for bike parking, there is
little utility in OSM storing the asset numbers and other info that the
councils use to maintain their assets (although the ref tag could be used
as a foreign key to help keep the two in sych).
The Hobart councils we work with are concerned with the quality of the data
in OSM and the ability of anyone to change it.
Does anyone know of any examples we could learn from of local government
itself working to keep OSM data up to date?
Thanks.

Greg Dutkowski
+61 0362238495/0408238495
1 Cascade Road, SOUTH HOBART.