Just as a comment: there is nothing so time consuming as fixing badly mapped buildings (essentially drawing them from scratch is nearly always faster), I would only import building outlines that are at a quality level that you would not want to change them except if the building itself has been modified.

Simon

PS: lives in an area which had 10s of 1000s of buildings mapped already in 2009 from mushy misaligned yahoo imagery.