I agree with tagging any section of road with speed limits or weight limits
where applicable. I have been driving on Australian roads for many years and,
while I have seen bridges or sections of roads signposted as being subject to
speed or weight limits, I do not recall ever seeing a few metres of road over a
culvert with such limits.

If there are signposted limits, I support tagging the appropriate section of
road. However, I would not support non-verifiable limits being added to OSM.

If a section of road is subject to signposted limits, I think it would apply to
a length of road longer than the short distance over a culvert so that the road
limits would be mapped separately from the tunnel=culvert which is part of the
waterway.

While it is a matter for judgement in each case, waterways in culverts would
usually be layer=-1 so that the road does not need to have a layer tag. Where
the level of a road is elevated to cross a waterway, then it may be appropriate
to add layer=1 but this would depend on survey or street-level imagery and
unlikely to be determined from satellite imagery.

In regard to sections of road that are subject to flooding, I think that is a
separate issue.  Sometimes lengths of road may be signposted as floodways and I
am not aware if there is any appropriate OSM tagging for that. If so, it should
be only where signposted and we should not assume that every place where a road
crosses a stream is necessarily subject to flooding.