From: Graeme Fitzpatrick <graemefi...@gmail.com>
Sent: Tuesday, 10 August 2021 13:23
To: Tom Brennan <webs...@ozultimate.com>
Cc: OSM Australian Talk List <talk-au@openstreetmap.org>
Subject: Re: [talk-au] Sidewalks in Australia

On Tue, 10 Aug 2021 at 13:00, Tom Brennan <webs...@ozultimate.com
<mailto:webs...@ozultimate.com> > wrote:

I'm not much of a fan of separately mapped sidewalks, because there tend
to be an infinite number of places you can walk/cross etc, and any
mapping fails to capture this. But I'm not too concerned with opening a
debate if it's already been prosecuted! Just with what the Australian
"standard" is.

G'day Tom

I don't think there is one, either in Australia, or Internationally!

I must admit to preferring highway=footway, tracing the line of the visible
footpath on imagery, & only adding crossings at recognised crossing points,
where a ramp has been provided down over the gutter.

Thanks

Graeme