On Wednesday, 20 October 2021 9:54:22 AM AEDT Graeme Fitzpatrick wrote:
> A little while back, I put the emergency=lifeguard proposal through,
> together with lifeguard=yes to describe those times when there is a
> lifeguard/s on the beach, but they may not be in a fixed location.

<snip>
> Or do we just not worry about it, & work on the idea that =yes is
> sufficient?

When I were a lad, we were taught to always look for the flags when going to
any beach to swim, teaching personal responsibility and obey the flags because
the lifesavers know that beach better.  Therefore, actual flag positions need
to be known as variable.

However, tagging a beach that does have a SLSC is good because those
unfamiliar with the area, tourists say, or families with young children, can
then preferentially choose such beaches.  Similarly, the more adventurous, or
those desiring solitude, can preferentially choose alternate locations.

--
Regards
Simon Slater