This is an identification of something I have noticed has been going on for
some time (as Phil mentions, since the early '90s, before OSM's time):  other
mappers (governments, especially) "use" OSM as a reference, and OSM's data
influence other GISs.  In my case, I've been watching as certain statewide
(California-level), county-level (a division of my state) and national-level
databases, when they contain some "drift" or data which are slightly "off" both
CAN and DO have OSM data "influence" them.  Whether good, bad, more correct or
less correct, this really happens.  It's a rather long-term (years to decades)
trend, but it is real.  I've both seen it over the last five to ten years and I
do continue to see it — even more and more often — into the present.

OSM takes itself (our own data) seriously (and we should, we are "proud
parents" / stewards of growing our data well).  Other "agencies" and "entities"
do, too.  And this can and does affect their data (sometimes), too.  Rather
than be surprised by this, wonder what to do about this or not do anything
about this, let's at least recognize this and move towards "embracing" it.  I
think we're on the right track, as we take ourselves (our data) seriously, and
so do many others in the world.

Happy 2022.