On Mon, 18 Apr 2022 at 03:23, Edoardo Neerhut <eneer...@gmail.com> wrote:

> OpenStreetMap merch could be a good thing to fund yeah. Would business
> cards be helpful for people? Personally I have never had much trouble,
> although contributing to Mapillary has prompted the odd question here or
> there.

Haven't had a problem as such, but once, when standing in a small shopping
centre, taking photos of the shops on the other side of the car park, I did
have a girl come out to ask what I was doing? Apparently because I had a
clipboard in my hand, she thought I was booking her car! :-) Explained that
I was only working on updating local maps & she was happy.

Have felt a bit funny on occasion when doing a street survey, once again,
walking along with a clipboard, looking at & making notes about the
buildings I was passing, & sometimes taking photos of them. It must look
(more than!) a bit sus to anybody watching, although nobody has ever said
anything to me.

As I said way back when we started the conversation, at those times,
something "official" to show people that says we're legit would be nice to
have.

Maybe we could set up a store with useful swag/equipment that would be
> subsidised by OSGeo Oceania. The minimal fees would cover shipping and stop
> random people ordering things.

Or possibly you get free shipping if you've made more than xxx edits?

Thanks

Graeme