Hi all

I was hoping that Sebastian would post to this list but so far, no. The following may still be disputed by Sebastian.

120963296 what is the information source?
120621671 changes as no signs present but signage exists
120382941 MacRobertson bridge approach - changes as no signs present
120382605 changes as no signs present - Survey Paddock Trail
120140719 changes as no signs present but signage exists
119224223 changes as no signs present but signage exists
119224055 question but no answer 2 April 2022
119223528 changes as no signs present but signage exists

That is, two requests for more information, four changes as no signs exist but signage exists and two changes as no signs exist.

Re Changeset: 115626232. I suspect Bob42nd may not be happy with the answer, I would not be. Sebastian originally deleted the track because it did not exist. He is now arguing that access on it is not permitted. I'll leave Bob42nd to take this forward if he wishes. Personally I am no great fan of informal tracks.

Re 120382941 MacRobertson bridge Yarra Boulevard approach - changes as there are no signs present permitting bicycles. There is no dispute that cyclists must dismount on the MacRobertson Bridge. Yes, there is a no bike symbol on the ground. This refers to the bridge ahead, not the path behind. The MacRobertson bridge and its approaches are part of the Yarra Trail Relation: Yarra Trail (20138)

Sebastian, you ask me "Please revert the change." yes I will do this and with sincere apologies if the consensus here finds me wrong.

Tony

Hi Sebastian and list

Today I did a number of edits relating to whether a lack of bicycle
signage, on its own, is sufficient grounds to remove
bicycle=yes/designated or cycleway. Most of my edits though relate to
cases where there is signage that had not been noticed by an editor.

I invite anybody with an opinion on this to discuss here (talk-au). So
far I have two, reproduced below:

This is one of two cases of questions that had been asked but not
answered, I don't have an opinion on this one. Changeset: 115626232,
Sebastian's answer below

Bob42nd we shouldn?t be mapping based on a Strava heat map as it
doesn?t not determine that transiting in permissible. The heat map
indicates that people have used it but we should be mapping on the
ground with what form of transport is permitted.
changeset/120382941 This one had been changed from a cycleway to a
footway on the basis of no signage indicating that bicycles were
allowed. Lots of paths have been changed to foot on the basis of no
signage and I have let many go uncommented because I am not familiar
with them.

I know  this one well. My understanding is that you have to wheel your
bike across Macrobertson Bridge but otherwise its OK to ride. I
signaled my intent to edit 2 weeks ago and got no reply so I made the
changes. Sebastian's reply below:

The Mapillary link you provided included a big picture of a bike with a
cross through it painted on the ground indicating that bikes are not
permitted. Not sure how you have have come to the conclusion that bikes
are permitted.

 The bridge way that diverts north and follows Yarra Boulevard is not
part of the Main Yarra Trail. Please revert the change.

This mail has been virus scanned by Australia On Line
see http://www.australiaonline.net.au/mailscanning