HI,

I recently saw the shadow of one of these while mapping and wondered how to map it. It did stand out.

Turns out the Russians have a tag for it …

 amenity=clothes_dryer only some 300 uses world wide

clothes_dryer=umbrella bugger all of these world wide

https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/RU:Tag:amenity%3Dclothes_dryer

Must be millions of them in Oz. I think it needs to go into the Australian Tagging Guidelines as a Australian English to OSM translation … Some will say they don’t want private stuff mapped in backyards, despite that people are mapping swimming pools and tennis course in private backyards and then there are campgrounds with hills hoist too.

Any thoughts/objections?

The one I mapped https://www.openstreetmap.org/node/9962837758