On 21/8/22 19:52, Warin wrote:

On 21/8/22 19:08, Graeme Fitzpatrick wrote:
Just having a look & an "umbrella" clothes line seems to be an inverted Hills Hoist, with the ends of the poles / lines higher than the centre.

Can't think of a better choice of words though?

The more modern collapsible ones are like that, I think you can change the angle by changing the height of the centre support.

See https://www.theclotheslinestore.com.au/folding-rotary-clothes-hoist/

I'd prefer 'rotary' as they can rotate. But 'umbrella' is what the Russians have chosen .. but they have not used it so the option is there to use something else.

Arr they are called 'rotary' in the UK .. so I think 'rotary' may be best?

https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/RU:Tag:amenity%3Dclothes_dryer

Note the attributes applicable too

clothes_dryer:foldable=*

clothes_dryer:portable=*

from https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:amenity%3Dclothes_dryer

These would suit the 'umbrella' types - tagged as

cloths_dryer=rotary

clothes_dryer:foldable=yes

The fordable attribute would not be easily spotted from imagery.

Thanks

Graeme