Hi everyone,
Will from TomTom here again. Thank you to those who joined the open discussion
meeting on Monday. We appreciate all the feedback and ideas you brought to the
table. I'm glad to see there is interest surrounding the RoadRunner tool, so I
would like to share more information with the wider Australian community.
RoadRunner is a tool that uses vast amount of GPS traces to completely generate
a road network automatically. It can detect one-way streets and road classes
(motorway, major road, minor road and so on) from TomTom GPS traces and pulls
in street name information from OpenStreetMap. I'm happy to say that this tool
is available for use for the OSM community and here are some potential
use-cases:

  *   Detection of new or missing highway and roads
  *   Detection of misaligned highways
  *   Confirmation of traffic changes on major projects
OSM community members may look around the RoadRunner Web Interface here (feel
free to adjust the XY coordinates as desired):
https://roadrunner.innovation.tomtom-global.com/styles/basic/#12/41.59256/-88.42777
It is also possible to use RoadRunner as a custom background in the iD Editor
using the following URL:
https://roadrunner.innovation.tomtom-global.com/styles/basic/{z}/{x}/{y}.png<https://roadrunner.innovation.tomtom-global.com/styles/basic/%7bz%7d/%7bx%7d/%7by%7d.png>
RoadRunner output may also be downloaded as a geoJSON file if you wish to
conduct your own analysis for potential map uplift.
Also, here is some additional information from our blogpost:
https://www.tomtom.com/blog/maps/osm-roadrunner-instant-maps/

We are aware that RoadRunner may not be flawless at this stage, but it is a
glimpse of what is possible. We'd love to hear your feedback or any potential
project ideas you may have with RoadRunner.
Thank you again,
Will