Dear Andrew,
Thank you for bringing this important topic on the discussion board.
Much appreciated the effort you & your team have been putting on improving
openstreetmap data for quite some time.

I do agree with your observation on this but we need more discussions
before reaching a more concrete conclusion.
The classification schemes on OSM Bangladesh wiki was drafted in very
initial stage considering the standard highway attribution from the
governing body of highways in Bangladesh RHD. Though for last couple of
years we have been suggesting on trainings & mapathons to consider physical
state & use case while putting the road tags. We are drafting another road
tag schema for Bangladesh & soon will put it on discussion board. For the
time being we are open to any suggestions coming on the way.

For the specific change-sets you mentioned me personally would suggest to
leave mirpur road as primary Road rather than Trunk. considering the use
case specifically in terms of vehicle types on the road. And offcourse that
will impact the routing especially if you take Speed limit & ETA under
consideration too.

Would surely love to discuss more on this and hope more good views will be
coming up.

Cheers!
Tasauf A Baki Billah (Ribin)
*Executive Director, Bangladesh Open Innovation Lab (BOIL)
<http://boiledbhoot.org/>*
*Director, OpenStreetMap Bangladesh Foundation (OSMBDF
<http://osmbdf.org/>)*
*Board Member, Humanitarian OpenStreetMap Team (HOT).
<http://www.hotosm.org/> *
*Volunteer Coordinator, MissingMaps <http://missingmaps.org/> *
*Member, OpenStreetMap Foundation.
<https://wiki.osmfoundation.org/wiki/Main_Page>*