l...@xs4all.nl wrote:
>> ah yes. Once again didn't think about the info that's included - but
>> invisible - already.
>
> But which would need some work to be available to the renderer. osm2pgsql
> should take the info from the relations and 'flatten' it into the physical
> tramline data. For bonus points: preserve an existing name, and append the
> tramline numbers. For extra bonus points: keep the tramline numbers
> ordered.

What a renderer should do is take a key from the way and the relation and
concatenate them using a separator character.
Both the key name and the separator character should be specified in the
rendering rules. And if a namerendering like this is required of course. And
if and how they should be sorted.

But for as long as such a rendering is not made, I would not object to putting
the linenumbers in the name tag of the way. It is very useful information, and
can be weeded out quite easily if a future render can use the relations.

Maarten