Sam Pastuer wrote:

> I already started adding some roads the way you describe, luckily
> somebody added the major roads for Diest in the past. It will take some
> practise to make the bends/curves as nice as possible, and I still have

It's okay to make nice curves, but there's no need to overdo it, and use
more nodes than really necessary. Your track is probably not really that
accurate anyway.

> to figure out how to insert some of the more special features
> (roundabouts etc.). I also notice that there is a certain degree of
> difference (fault) on tracks logged with different devices, or this may

There are differences between devices, caused by differences in
sensitivity, different chipsets, different views of the satellites, time
of day. It's not even unusual to get 10 meters difference, using the
same device, but visiting the road at another time.

> be due to external factors. For now I have a look at the compare site
> (http://tools.geofabrik.de/mc/index.html) to see how it was done in
> google maps and act accordingly.

Please do NOT use this site to compare against Google Maps and then
adjust your edits! Edit only from what you have as a track and from what
you remember from being on the road. This is very VERY important when
making edits, to protect the integrity of the project.

> Don't know wether or not I will be able to attend the meeting, but I'll
> let you know if I can.

I think beginners can really benefit from seeing someone else make
edits, and use an editor. I know I could've used that in the very
beginning, but I had to find out most by myself. If you're able to
attend, that would be great!

--
Lennard