My birth town...

Lived there till about 8 years ago, so interesting to go there for a mapping
party.

A small round-up on actual situation of OSM in Turnhout.

Towncenter, within the ringway, seems mostly mapped and has most
streetnames. In the south-west part, between Antwerpsesteenweg and the
railroad, a lot of streets are missing.

Most one-way streets are not marked as one way. And a lot has changed since
I lived there.

In Turnhout, but outside the ringway, there are areas missing -
counterclockwise -
- between speelkaartenstraat and Steenweg op Gierle (not that many streets)
- between railroad and Steenweg op Tielen the Jef Buyckxstraat has a lot of
dead-end side streets, all with the same name
- between Steenweg op Tielen and Steenweg op Zevendonk, Parkwijk is mostly
missing (all dead end streets within Parkring and with strange house
numbering)
- At the other side of Steenweg op Zevendonk some major roads are mapped,
but most of the residential roads are missing (= quite some)
- South of E34, between Leiseinde and Kapelweg a lot of residential streets
are missing
- north there are a lot of residential streets missing around what is mapped
as 'tertiary' road Maria Van Zummerenstraat. Think name is wrong there, and
on top it is not a major road at all.

So I think there is quite some work, but it should be easy to split up the
areas and the work.

Will try to check out about interesting locations to put our headquarters...

Luc / Speedy