On 5/16/10, Martijn van Exel <mve...@gmail.com> wrote:
> If it would be actually useful is another matter altogether. I think it
> would look nice on lower zoom levels, and could be useful as a starting
> point for individual mappers to improve upon, but more detailed data may
> already be available which would make a blanket import action undesirable.

That depends on the location of course. In areas where we have Yahoo
imagery the existing landuse is usually much more detailed than
Corine. Other areas, like the forests drawn in the Ardennes, are less
accurate. And in many of those places we’d never be able to reach the
accuracy of Corine without satellite images or other datasets.

I also wonder whether it would be a good idea to delete some of the
less detailed landuse polygons beforehand if the import goes ahead.

Ben