Hello,

Sometimes, some  ways are gathered and «baptized» with the same name, but the
resulting «street» is not composed of a single line. It's often the case in
rural areas when new houses are builded  on anonymous and close ways.

In OSM, you can't join the differents segments in one way. And the segments are
often made of different characteristics (width, surface...). I've been
confronted with that in my first plots. I thought that the solution was to
gather the ways in a relation
(http://www.openstreetmap.org/browse/relation/965688) and to give the name to
the relation only, but the name of the relation doesn't appear in the rendering.

So what is the best practice in such cases ? To tag all the segments with the
same name ? Is it however convenient to create a relation to gather all the
segments ?

Regards,

Gauthier