If it is on the street sign, I agree to put it in the name tag.
Here, they get new names in most communities. My personal favourite is
"Kakhoekweg". Yes, it exists right here:
http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=50.98051&lon=3.85697&zoom=17&layers=M
There is a sign with that name. The sign on the southern end was
recently vandalised, so go to the northern end if you would like to
check.

Map what you see in reality can never do harm.

wouter