On Wed, Oct 10, 2012 at 03:03:53PM +0200, Ben Laenen wrote:
> On Wednesday 10 October 2012 14:14:17 Sander Deryckere wrote:
> > Volgens de wiki (
> > http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:motor_vehicle#Land-based_transportat
> > ion, die heb ik niet geschreven), vallen paarden niet onder vehicles.
> > Tenzij ze gespannen zijn aan een kar.
>
> In Belgiƫ valt alles met bestuurders onder vehicle=*, er zijn landen waar dat
> niet zo is (en ik neem aan dat niemand verkeersbord C3 ooit heeft vertaald
> als
> vehicle=no + horse=no).  Als je de wegcode eens leest zal je merken dat er
> ook
> altijd over bestuurders gesproken wordt i.p.v. voertuigen.

According to the current tree that's in the wiki, that's the
proper way to tag it.

But it's unclear to me what to do with ski and inline_skates
and ice_skates.  I can happely ignore this, and assume
that it's the same as foot.

What I always wanted was some page that says if you see a sign,
or those combination of signs you should map it like that.

For instance if there is a sign C3 with "uitgezonderd plaatselijk
verkeer" that means forbidden for "bestuurders" with the exception
of destination.  But it's also allowed for bicycle and horse.  So
I would expect that to be like this:
access=destination
bicycle=yes
horse=yes

Or:
vehicle=destination
bicycle=yes

I think there is tool for josm that can do tagging based on signs,
but I never used it.

> Maar we zouden ook
> zo eens een boom moeten maken voor Belgiƫ, alleen gaat dat weer de nodige
> discussies leveren.

I'm not sure this is a good idea.  It might make sense for people
editing it, because they "map what they see". But then you need to
special case Belgium in software, and I don't think everything
using osm will properly do that.

Kurt