There are of course some minor differences between The Netherlands and
Belgium, but they are not big enough to warrant 2 separate wiki pages. Thus
the NL page is the translation in Dutch of the German page.

Where there are differences for specific tags/sections of the page, this
can be added in the topic itself. As far as I'm concerned, it would be
better to try and find common ground though.

As for using the English translation as an intermediate because this
happens to be what Google translate does, I'm sorry, but German and Dutch
are near enough to each other in structure that it makes a lot more sense
to translate directly.

If somebody is more familiar with English, they are, of course, free to
grab the section from the English translation and translate that one to
Dutch.

What is most important with translations performed by humans is to
translate towards your own native language with good knowledge of the
language one is translating from.
The rules are different for machine translation.

Jo