On 2013-02-11 14:49, Ivo De Broeck wrote :
Guy,

De mensen die willen helpen met vertalen hebben problemen met het updaten van de pagina (pagina te groot?)
The least that could be said is if whether the error occurs on reading or on writing and what the message is, if any.

I tried updates: the writing is slow indeed, but I met no problem.
I was wondering if the German people did write all that under timing problems. I looked for some reason and I noticed that the table in the AED entry had no ending.
Could it have been disturbing the program and slowing down?

I corrected that AED. Please try again.
Favor using the small [edit] on the right side instead of Edit in the heading.

Does anyone know how to make country signs in this wiki (pictures or how to build a rectangle with e.g. BE in it with something like {{rectangle:BE}}?

/...

Op 11 februari 2013 08:34 schreef Guy Vanvuchelen <guido.vanvuche...@pandora.be <mailto:guido.vanvuche...@pandora.be>> het volgende:

    Of het nu een vertaling is van de Duitse, de Engelse of de Chinese
    versie is, wat heeft dat voor belang.

.../
As I have already explained, Ivo did not notice that there is no English how_to_map_a <http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/w/index.php?title=How_to_map_a&redirect=no>,
which is an alias of Category:Features which is a rather different page.
And BTW, that English page has entries like DE:Öffentlicher Verkehr <http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/DE:%C3%96ffentlicher_Verkehr> and NL:Gebouwen <http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/NL:Gebouwen> that one doesn't find in DE:How to map a <http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/DE:How_to_map_a> or NL:How to map a <http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/NL:How_to_map_a>. It is even uncertain whether DE and NL are countries or languages. Jo told us that capital letters mean countries, but I'm under the impression that they mean languages here.

Ask Google to translate German to Chinese, then Chinese to Dutch, then ... then French to German, compare source and destination and you have the answer to your question.
Here is that experiment with your phrase:
Dit specificeert al dan niet om te zetten interessante Duitse versie, Engels en Chinees.
And I must say Google Translation has much improved since I last played that telephone chain game long ago.

Are you sure that you find all that unimportant?

    Als het maar duidelijk is voor de (beginnende) gebruiker. Dat was
    toch het doel van onze beslissing in Lier.  Het zou spijtig zijn
    als deze eindeloze discussie er toe leidt dat er niets gedaan wordt.

    Verder hoop ik dat er meer energie gestoken wordt in het vertalen
    dan het zoeken van argumenten om helemaal niets te doen.

I see no one saying that nothing should be done.
I see several people suggesting how it can be done better.
Even people speaking other languages.

Cordialement,

André.

    Guy Vanvuchelen