Yet another way to use the data is to write a small program that extracts
that data. I wrote a small Python program to download all nodes of a
walking network. That data is then converted into a file with waypoints
that I can use on my Garmin GPS.

It will be rather easy to convert this program to one that does the same
for cycling networks.